The instagram Artists Felipe De Castro takes his art skills to a whole new level. This artist made architecture from everyday household items! This series of works is so fine because it gives us an idea of the inner workings of an artists mind. Here we get to take a look at how artists see & interpret the world around them. By transforming everyday household items into stunning pieces of architectural design, De Castro forces us to re-interpret some of the mundane aspects of our day to day existence.
1) Handheld tape rack turned convention center
2) He turned an Office Check Stamper into an Apple store/Commercial Building
3) Is this just your everyday household watch or is it a stunning new modern observatory?
3) Your everyday average George Foreman grill is now a full fledged football stadium.
4) From everyday high end office stapler to new wave enhanced auto bridge
5) Is this a piece of trash? A twisted coke can or plans for a specialized high rise with a helicopter pad?
6) From 256 GB USB to a full fledged office building with gardens and an atrium
7) The box of matches that became a luxurious apartment complex
8) What can you do with a bunch of used shipping containers? How about a cafe?
9) The old computer game joystick is now the Atari headquarters
10) The egg carton that soon became a high class hotel complex with a dozen swimming pools
11) All those faux antique lamps from Pier 1 imports make for the most decadent indoor mall/shopping center
12) Whatever the hell this thing is? Now it’s a high speed train station!
13) The motherboard that is now “all aboard” shipping and docking station for barges.
14) Your local mountain range would make a wonderful modern plaza
15) Scissors are good, but so are freeway off-ramps
16) One of these upper arm squeezy thingy’s turned full fledged bus station.
17) Calculator and also a small, riverside airport
18) Small model sailboat into monumental central city library.
19) Soap dispenser turned cliff side resort
20) Camera turned Japanese Embassy
21) Playstation 2 & Atari turned Motel with controller shaped swimming pool
22) An Erasure that became a Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Home
23) From using measuring tape to build a building to actually being the building itself.
24) Pencil shavings that are holier than thou and saintly enough to be a church.
25) Mechanical pencils make the most beautiful 3 piece connected sky scrapers
26) The copy machine movie theater
27) The whole puncher concert stage
28) Clothing Iron that can also be converted into a high class beach front condominium complex
29) Pepper grinder Taj-Mahal
30) A mouse of a house
31) Who here remembers those compasses from middle school math class? I only every used mine to just make circles. It has a lot more utility as an airport.
32) With the Stapler in a train station you’ll never have to worry about fishing out that loose staple again. I wonder what they made those tracks out of though?
33) This pen and pencil holder pretty much just set Felipe up. It already looks like a building.
I hope that by looking at Felipes art that you can feel inspired. Felipe shows us that we don’t have to look very hard for inspiration. That the world around us can be an inspiration in and of itself entirely. That is not just for art, but for anything that has to do with creativity in general.